Worcester FCRA Violation Lawyer
What is The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) was established in 1970 to protect the public against the use of unfair and inaccurate personal information used in credit reports. It also contains privacy protections designating who is allowed to have legal access to such information.
The FCRA is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau who have the power to enforce its provisions.
Thus, the FCRA contains the primary laws governing how personal credit information is:
- And protected on behalf of consumers
How To Report FCRA Violations
If your rights under the FCRA have been violated, you may have grounds to sue the violator for certain damages. As a Worcester FCRA violation attorney at Morrison & Associates, I can review your case to determine the legal options available to you and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.
Understanding Your Rights under the FCRA
Under the rules of the FCRA, credit reporting agencies are obligated to:
- Disclose to you the information they have collected
- Investigate any dispute you make regarding their information
- Correct or delete any wrong information contained in your file
- Remove old credit information (usually negative information such as bankruptcies, tax liens, etc. that are 7 to 10 years old or more)
- Share your information with only those who have a valid need for it, such as creditors, landlords or leasing agents
The FCRA contains additional rules that parties who supply credit information to the reporting agencies must follow, as well as parties who use that information.
For example, you have a right to be notified as to the reason for the denial and informed of the identity of the reporting agency that was used in the decision if you are denied:
- Or a job based on your report
How Our Debt Relief Firm Can Help
I have dealt with credit issues in 5,000 cases for clients in and around Worcester for 20+ years. You can count on me for experienced professional legal service dedicated to debt relief and improving your financial condition.
Knowledgeable, helpful, and always quick to respond!Brittany Guntor
"His wealth of experience certainly paid off as the process could not have gone any better than it did. Troy's quick responses to my questions were very much appreciated along the way. I cannot recommend Troy high enough."JL
Person at my side through entire process.Daniel G.